Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dance Lessons!

Jay and I took our first dance class tonight and it was a blast!  For our anniversary Jay bought us 5 dance lessons-2 private lessons, 2 group lessons, and 1 private par-tay!  We were a little nervous going in because we didn't know their expectations, but it was great!  Our instructor was a cute, young girl named Emily and by the end of class we were giving out high-fives all around!  After touring the studio, we started our lesson with the fox trot.  I had such high expectations for myself-I thought Jay and I would look just like we were on So You Think You Can Dance!  Not so much!  Very basic-but still great to learn the basics.  After that we learned the Swing.  Fun, but I liked the fox trot better.  Lastly, Emily took us into a private room to learn the rhumba.  Why does it always look better on t.v.?  It is supposed to be this romantic dance and poor Jay was reminded to "breathe"!!  How funny!  For a first lesson it was really great and we are looking forward to next week!   

No comments: