Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Previous Weekend Epic Ride

I wanted to throw up some pics from my ride last weekend. I essentially made up my own route. In doing so, I covered roughly 40 miles, climbed just under 6000 feet, met some friendly mountain goats, and generally ran myself into the ground. It was awesome!

A couple of pics...

The Yeti rests atop Arapahoe Basin before 3000+ feet of descending down the Lenawee trail. It didn't really need much of a breather, but I did.

I needed another rest. As a reference, I was about half way done and started behind the mountain on the left crossing the face of the mountain on my way down.

This is the ridge I traveled along before dropping into Breck - great views in all directions.


I chased these goats down on the ridge. They had no fear of me and walked right up to check me out. They probably don't see many bikers up here.

It was an awesome ride and a great reason to go find a Garmin Edge 305, but I was torched by the time I hit Frisco after eating only a sandwich. I still had about 30 ounces of water left as well so I was a bit dehydrated. A stop at the Butterhorn Cafe fixed me up!

1 comment:

Casey Reynolds said...

I say we try to do one big ride at the end of August or early Sept if you are up for it. Just remember the tow rope to pull me up the mountain.

Casey