Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep

Kel and I got up this morning and started baking and cooking.  We're responsible for dessert and mashed potatoes.  I attempted a pumpkin pie from scratch (roasted the pumpkin myself), but so far it looks like it might be a bit soupy.  Oops.  It smells good.  We also made a chocolate pudding pie and the crust from scratch for both.  Kel took care of the mashed potatoes (garlicky).  

Our new favorite breakfast is french toast made from Seeduction Loaf (from Whole Foods).  I prepped myself for dinner by downing 5 pieces.  It's imperative to keep the stomach stretched and ready if you expect to do any damage at Thanksgiving dinner.  ;)   We also made Maggie a couple of the small end pieces.  She loves french toast...imagine that.  

Time to take Mags to the park.  Hope all are having a great Thanksgiving...

2 comments:

alli said...

Thanks for making Jeffrey and I's Thanksgiving something to be VERY thankful for! We love you guys! And thanks for the Pumpkin Pie (I am finishing off the last piece right now and Jeffrey has finished the chocolate already!)

cortneytalbott said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I never knew you were such a chef Jay! We are looking forward to our trip to CO! Are you going to do the cooking? Cort